Prop bolt part number

gfhawker

Before I start digging too deeply and/or measuring does anyone know the correct prop bolt part number/AN number for a Cruisair, Franklin 6A4-150-B3, using the F200 prop with spinner back plate and spinner? While I'm at it how about AN bolt numbers for the engine mounting bolts (engine to mount, not mount to airframe). I will be back in my shop this weekend and can measure then but thought I would give it a shot while I'm on the road so I can order them and have them waiting. Getting really close to running the airplane.

Thanks all.

RT

RT
I hope you have an Aeromatic manual.........The attach bolts are AN76-10, using the p/n 2506 cup washer. I know Kent Tarver has 2506s as I made four dozen for him. He may have the bolts, too. You can use AN6H-10 if you can't find AN76s. The engine to mount bolts are standard AN6 bolts. I don't have the two lengths, but the front bolts seem to be in the AN6-23/24 range.
Bear in mind what we've said about the bolt under #1 cylinder!
Dan

BTW......
More than half the spinner backplates I've seen are cracked. I suggest riveting an .040 doubler made of 5052H32, whether the backplate is cracked or not. Do not use 2024T3.

Dan, thank you for the info on the prop bolts. Will see what I can find.

Also, thank you for the spinner backplate info. I've repaired many on Navajos and Apaches but it would be nice to preempt the need for a repair by reinforcing the Cruisair backplate as you have suggested.

Talk soon.

RT

Spent about 15 minutes on the phone with Kent Tarver this afternoon. What an amazingly nice guy. Was more than happy to help with general prop info and share his knowledge. I also spent 15 minutes going through all the various boxes that came with this Cruisair project and actually found the prop bolts and cup washers. Also found a supply of shims and counterweights. And this was after I ordered them from Kent. I was embarrassed but called him back to cancel the order and he was still ever so gracious and still offered more knowledge and help. He is a class act, as all are that I have met/corresponded with on this forum. Thank you to all.

Cheers.

RT

And also meant to mention that you Dan are also extraordinarily gracious and generous with your knowledge of old airplanes, as all seem to be on this forum.. Thank you all.

RT

Back