prop pitch

citabriaflyr

I have a 160 hp 7GCAA with a Sensenich 74dm658-1-54. I am wondering what pitch it is. Is the pitch indicated in the dash #? in that case its a 54? there is no other number stamped on the hub with the word pitch. Also, would a 54 be a climb prop? what are the ranges, whats considered climb and what number would be a cruise prop. any help would be appreciated.

Nathan

I would consider your 54 to be a cruise. Down at like 40 and 42 you have a climb.....good way to see the country at a leisurely pace....This might help a little

the airplane seems to preform like the prop is intermediate. Cruies is fairly fast (115-125 indicated) yet it still retains good climb out qualities. i checked the sensenich website and its shows for model 7gcaa a that i have the standard prop., it suggests a -52 for climb, and on the ordering page you can choose a pitch between 48-68 but i dont know if every model no. can be pitched in this range. just wondering if anyone else has changed props on a citabria, scout, ect...what pitch did you go with and what performance did you see?

I have a lot of field approvals on my 7GCBC. One of which is for the 80 inch seaplane prop on wheels....it is pitched to 42 and on the GPS in 0 wind you see a groundspeed of 83mph. Like I said, I'm in no hurry!!!!! But it gets off gravel bars with ease.....

Wow sounds like quite a performer. what other approval mods do you have?.. bushweels? where do you do most of your flying? i live in northern Mn and do a lot of ski flying. i just overhauled my o-320 and made it a 165 hp for that extra power getting off the frozen lakes. so im thinking of a climb prop.

Bushwheels are next!!!! Currently on 26"Goodyears(sidewalls too firm)....other mods..hmm...Scout Gear, vortex generators,Cessna 180 axles, brakes, wheels, 160hp. Alaska is where we have our fun, though I am flying corporate in Africa right now to make enuf $$$ for my "habits". In the winter we go to Airglas 2500 skis and scare the hell out of the pike.

Back