Question on New Scout pricing?

joejenie

I went to a dealer and took a test flight yesterday and I would have to say that is one of the funnest flights I have ever had! We were landing the scout in the mountains in some of the craziest places I've seen. Bob Hannah is a great pilot and his Scout is way cool. It's a little different than my current plane which needs a lot of runway and pavement!

The question I have is on the Retail Sales Price. Is that a fixed # that doesn't move or is there a little negotiation room there? The new Retail Base Price for a Scout is $129,900. Yes, I am cheap at heart and want to get the best deal I can!

It's still a lot better deal than the new Husky's! They are pushing 250k loaded now?! I think they missed the boat!

If your cheap you could always come talk me out of my 99 Its has 500 TT And looks New. It would cost you way less than the new one.

In answer to your retail question most all manufactures have a X factor that relates to the retail prices. It wouldn't be fair for me to tell you what margins are or are not in the price of a new scout. It would be different if these guys were selling thousands like car companies, but there not. Its a tough business. If you like the dealer and he seems fair then let him make a little money, you know your going to be a pain in his ass the first year you own it.

I'm not trying to beat him out of every dollar he makes, but if there is a little negotiation room, I would like to know what's acceptable. An R44 helicopter has about 10% built in for the dealer which I found most would give up 4-7% of that. In my TBM 700 I found that they were willing to drop 4-5% also. In my Cirrus I owned they wouldn't give you $100 worth of floormats! So in the end, if the retail is the retail, then so be it. But I would be pissed later if I found out I bent over and paid full tilt while they will usually negotiate 3-7% off the price. I don't mind paying a fair price in the end as long as it is close to the same as everyone else paid. If anyone doesn't feel comfortable telling me here you can e-mail me at joejenie@charter.net. Thanks

P.S. I will probably not be a pain in his bottom. The dealer is a long ways away and I will end up using a local mechanic to fix it anyway.

The primary flexibilty that dealers have is trade-in.

You are not forced to buy from a specific dealer. You are free to call around to the other ones. One of them might have an '05 or something.

Realize firm pricing protects the owner in the long run. It helps the used planes hold their value. We try not to flood the market either. Then dealers don't have to sit on inventory or give up all their share just to clear out. This also helps the airplane maintain value after purchased. At least this is what we shoot for.

Thanks for skirting around the answer! :wink: I did find out the answer finally from someone else though. It looks like I'll be waiting until July to pick one up anyway. :cry: :x

I am glad though that the factory understands that keeping the values up in the long haul help them as well.

Back