REar seat ventilation 8GCBC

thhutch

Since it appears flying with the window open is out, or at least until I find a way to improve on the rivets in fiberglass situation, dies anyone have an idea about how to install a vent in the fuselage side to improve (add) ventilation to rear seat ?
Hot here in Southern Alabama. And Jerry, you were going to try anf fins the guy's name and number in Texas. If you do, would be much appreciated.

Tom H was referring to a door mod I told him about.

Basically, Charlie, there, removed the map pouch and put a piece of plastic over the area to create a plenum. Then put in some sort of scoop in the front to catch air and fill that plenum. At the back of the plenum he had a ball valve 'thing' to direct the pressurized air from the plenum.

Jerry-

I've seen something similar elsewhere, it would be possible to add a scoop just forward of the door handle with a large eyeball vent aft of the compartment and retain the map storage.

I've added a small eyeball vent and very small scoop at the upper rear of the LH window that provides a nice wintertime cold blast to the PAX.

Tom-

Back