Rebuild continuing - avionics

Swede

Hi all - I'm still hard at work restoring my '67 7ECA. A week ago, I installed a B&G Spin-on oil filter adaptor, and it went on just fine onto the O235-C1 engine... slightly tight fit relative to the upper cowl, but there is adequate room with the smaller Champion spin-on filter. I think this will be a helpful addition to the engine.

Next, I'm tackling the avionics a bit. In my first airplane (A Grumman AA-1B), I had an Alcor EGT guage, and I'd like to install a similar unit into my Citabria. I'm interested in STC'd units, and am wondering what units you guys have used and have found satisfactory. One of the more modern electronic displays would be cool. Same deal with the tachometer. I'd like one that uses the magneto's electrical impulses, vs. the standard cable drive. Experimental units are a dime a dozen, but it's a bit harder to find one that is STC'd for the 7ECA and the O235-C1 engine.

So the additional/upgraded instrumentation I'm looking for...

4 Cylinder EGT system
CHT system (maybe)
Electronic Tach
Electronic Oil Pressure/Temp.

With this much to do, it'd be nice to find a suite or family of units with a similar appearance that I can legally install. I'd really like to hear from anyone who has done this recently. Thanks, as always!

Back