Recklaw

I am bringing my Cruisemaster down Friday afternoon. We have a whole gaggle of planes coming from Oklahoma. And there are a bunch coming from further south as well. You will know my plane when you see it. According to Dan Cullman it is the only Salmon colored 14-19-2 from the factory. I haven't figured out if it was custom ordered or how it ended up that color. Either way when she gets recovered I will stay that color.

Don and Jeff James and I will be coming in a pair of 14-13-2s. You will know when we arrive,traffic permiting there will be a LOW pass of two around 9 to 10 oclock :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The Kittie Hill gange is planning to be there. I am flying a J3 and a friend is flying my 172. We have a motor home pulling a trailer with our gear and we will be camping on the west side of the property along the highway.

We will look for you. When weather is good it really has a good turn out. Last year they said there were over 200 planes. :lol: :lol:

I can see why people like Recklaw. I used to think that U-Tube was only for teenagers. Maybe one of the triple tail crowd can shoot a video this year so we can see a few Bellanca,s. Great post Johnathon. Grant.

Well I think recklaw had a great turn out. Looked like 4 14-13-2 ( 1 was mine and one was Don and Jeff James.) Did not meet the other 2 1, 14-19-2 (Craig Lucas)1 14-19-3 260 ( Did not meet him ) About 4 Super Vikings (1 Dewy Did not meet the others) Lucas said he was going to Video our low pass and put it on Youtub. I hope he was fast enough. Very good weather and looks about 350 airplanes. It is fun to watch a Merlyn land on a hilly grass strip. The pilot had very good control of that plane. Beautiful weather lots of good poeple. ran into a few I had not seen in years. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Weathered in again here....figure with the luck I've had this flying season I've a major luck refund due this coming season.

Looking forward to the video though :)

Jonathan

Hey Reklaw was a blast, my son got good footage of Randy's flyby and some more of the 14-19-3 going way over 200. I will let you know when he gets if posted. Every one had a blast that went with us. I can't see how anyone could go down and not just love the whole place. We had excellent weather for the entire time. Great to see all of the Bellanca's show...Greg

The vidio camera we used was my girl friends and we are trying to find the "special" cord to adapt it to a computer. Sorry for the delay...Greg

I run a movie night each Saturday at a local airport (big screen made up a a sheet tacked to a big slab of plywood and painted) in a big old hangar built in '32, and I'm running out of short subjects to show before the movie...no pressure, Greg :lol: :lol: :lol:

Here it is, the video of your low pass sorry it took so long
click on this link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_szgYZqdnzA

AYWphoto.com has a great pic of that Cruisemaster formation takeoff. Yellow Cruismaster should have changed his drawers. Looks like the right wing nearly clipped the grass. Reklaw was a blast but sometimes the excitement of the event makes people do things they probably wouldn't otherwise. I also saw two RV6's almost buy the farm. A low approach and a takeoff meeting up for a frightening encounter Check out formation photo number 49.

It was low but the ground also drops off about 15 to 20 feet just before that so it looks bad. My lead man looked like he moved right and I lost site of him under my wing. I was doing 80 mph when I lifted off. When I take off I push the power in when he takes of he rotates the knob in I started to over take him. Those were cruiseairs. Both have 0-360 lyc and will climb like mad.

We have talked about the problems and are going to do a little more practice. We both have a lot of time in the cruiseairs and he also has a Cub so should know how to do it but we keep missing it. We have both flown with other people in formation with no problem we just have not worked it out between us. :D :D :D

that looks like my kind of fly-in, must have been a ton of fun. I wish I could find somthing like that in the NE USA.

Back