Recommend pre-buy mechanic near Madison, WI?

Blackhawk

Thinking of purchasing a 94 Super D and looking for a third party mechanic in this area. Recommendations? Would the factory have a list?

We dont have a list.

You might be able to get someone here at the factory might do it on the side. Madison is not all that far and its a plane we did build...albeit 13 years ago.

(Am I getting old?)

Another option would be Darrell Janssen at Freeport Flight Service in Freeport, IL (just South of the border). He's up on the bird, as he did my 7ECA annual last week. freeportairport at yahoo dot com. Seems to me ya can't beat the factory, though, if they're willing!

Jim

Jerry-
I emailed the factory about this, but have not heard back. This would probably be an annual/pre-buy as the annual is due in July. So far I have liked what I have seen on this airplane; I have been looking for a Super D that fit what I wanted and was in good shape for about a year and a half. Unfortunately I am 1000 miles away from this one, however, and want a good prebuy as part of the deal. I am trying VERY hard to be objective about it, however.
If you do not feel comfortable posting phone numbers of good mechanics who would be willing to do this, can you PM some?
Thanks.

If possible, I would like this done this week. The airplane will be going through an anual, so it might be easier to do while it is opened up.
Thanks on any help on names of a third party mechanic who can do this.

Give a call down here and ask for Glenn.
I don't think we have capacity for the ACA repair shop to do it. However, he could do it on the side, perhaps. IF he is willing.

(He is supposed to be retired, you know how that goes with planes) :)

Thanks. That is what I am looking for; a third party mechanic, familiar with Super Ds, to give me an unbiased opinion of the airplane's condition.
I live quite a ways down south (so you guys are "up here"), and would like a good look over.

Thank you very much for the help. I spoke to Glen today.
Brings up another issue. Glen said he does not have to drive up to look at the airplane- he is familiar with it, and would buy it himself if the timing was right. Also, he is familiar with the place doing the annual, and is very comfortable with them doing the prebuy. He said he would be wasting my money looking at the airplane. Should I still have him look at it? Kind of torn.

Back