Remote oil filter for Cruisair/Franklin

jeffw

Does anyone have a 337 or any information that will lead me to the source of a remote filter mount that can be installed on a Bellanca Cruisair 14-13-2 and possibly be approved by 337?

I found mounts by Airwolf ($580 - $700) only STC'd for Cont's and Lyc's; and an Experimental ’No-Spill’ by Casper Labs ($290) that is STC’d for Cont's and Lyc's.

Pull the airframe records for 33GM. The previous owner got an Airwolf approved after fighting with the Reno FSDO over a filter from a Cessna twin. I am surprised that Airwolf doesnt have a copy of that 337. Also, Jeff, I got a direct Email from you this morning with the same title as this, that made my computer do strange things. It seems OK now. _____Grant.

I just saw on the Stinson Yahoo Group that the question was answered there and Airwolf oil filter kit # AFC-K010 is approved under STC SA00433NY . The Cruisair is listed on the AML (approved model list). Give them a call to verify it and let us know. _____Grant.

I have an Aviation Development Corporation (ADC) "pancake" oil filtration system on mine. It's STC'd and very simple to put on. It fits where the directions show it on a Cruisemaster. It took less than a day and no special skills to install it but then I'm my own IA. Very reasonable fellow to work with........

Back