Rigging Main Gear

N8506R

I've got a '66 14-19-3A that I'm reinstalling the gear legs in after a recover. Does anyone know how the gear up limit is set? Do I adjust the hydraulic actuator length so that the cylinder bottoms out or does it just come up until the tire contacts the inner gear well.

Anyone else ever install a windshield?

Thanks in advance,
Steve near Chicago
N8506R

On my 47 cruiseair and my 74 Viking the up switch is for the light. When my gear is all the way up to the bottom of the top skin my actuator is fully closed. I would figure they really have not changed. On the 74 there is a pressure switch that stops the pump. On my friends 14-19-2 when the mains are up the switch pops to the middle. I am not sure if this helps you any. good luck :lol: :lol:

On a 14-19-2 there is no adjustment. The gear handle pops to nuetral when the pressure builds after the gear reaches its limit. On mine the main gear is at the top of the gear well at this point. I never checked to see if the actuator is fully extended or the gear just won't retract any further causing the pressure build-up that pops the handle to nuetral. Good luck! Glenn.

I spoke to someone at Alexandria who told me to adjust the actuator rod length so that it is bottomed out when the gear has retracted to it's desired position. Thanks for all the input.

Steve near Chicago
N8506R

Back