Right side brakes

planebones

Has anyone installed right side brake master cylinders on a Cruisair? I think it would be a great mod. thanks Ken McCune

:? I can't say for sure, but it seems to me the brake pedal would hit the diagonal fuselage tube that runs from top left to bottom right behind the firewall. You can see this crossmember if you duck under your instrument panel.

This being said, I've seen dual brake conversions, but I'm not sure if this was on a 14-13- or a 14-19 :?:

Anyone else out there with more info :?:

You are right (dangit) I put on a spare set of left pedals i was saving for my dual brake conversion....& they hit the trudcture at about half rudder travel....thanks for your help

This is one time I wish I was wrong- I sure would have liked to install dual brake pedals on NC74392 :D Would have been so easy seeing how 392 is apart for recovering. Sure hope to finish this project up soon :?

Oh well...Merry Christmas! :mrgreen:

I have a 46 14-13-2 hanging up in the hanger that had dual brakes. The cylinders were mounted under the floor horizontaly and the pedels look like the ones on the left side. I have not looked to see how they conqured the crossbar. When I get done with our new hanger home I plan on pulling it down and start working on it. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Maybe when I finish 392 I'll fly over to see your project?
Sure wish I could talk the club into a club project. I'd like to build a flying, full-scale replica of Jim Mollison's "Dorothy" sometime. :D

See link: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v41/cruisair/bella-2890Dorothy.jpg

Randy.....I would appreciate any pictures or sketches of the right side pedal installation your plane has and if there is any paperwork on it in your logbook/document folder. I am still at the stage of rebuild on my project where I could weld in any needed brackets or mounts.....thanks Ken McCune in frozen Idaho

It was in a plane that I bought torn apart. I have know idea how they fit. I am in the middle of building a hanger with a house inside and have not even seen the plane in about 2 months. :lol: :lol:

Back