rotten wings

n8021c

Well I just got my project back all the way from CA. to AR. now the fun begins.
I am looking for info on spar splice both wings are rotten on the bottom of both spars. I am looking to find how far outboard from the gear it is safe to splice the spars.
I have already been told to find better wings but you know it seems like a challenge to splice and repair these wings. any help out there.
Also need 3/32 plywood it would be nice to find a good deal on it. thanks

Well I bought it out of San Diago @ Palamar air port has not flown in many years and is only going to be a parts plane. not enough to put back together.

Wing inspection book, wing repair book and all other manuals are available from the Club's Publication Catalog. If you are already a member, use the order form attached to it, or call.

Regards,

Don't act in haste. Many Bellanca wings went the dump that could have been repaired. Spruce and help are available.

Dan,
If you call Randy Scott at Alexandria Aircraft LLC, I believe that he will be very helpful to you. He is the wing man and builds and repairs all of the wings. He is a great guy and would be the best source of information that I know. Phone: 320 763-4088

I have heard nothing but good news from friends that have had wings repaired at the factory. Not cheap, but worth it.

Hey I just wanted to say thanks for the info I am going to be ordering the wing books and making a phone call both. I never gave up hope just saw things in the light and it is not pretty.

Back