Rudder Bellcrank

scottj33gm

Anyone have any experience in obtaining the newer steel Rudder Bellcranks for a 14-13 that will discontinue AD 63-06-02? The P/N for the steel version listed in the AD is 9817. Can that part be obtained from Bellanca (Alexandria Aircraft LLC)?

Scott

Yes, you can order them from Alexandria A/C or send me your email and I will send you one. This site won't let me send you a file with the extension ".doc" that shows what needs to be done. It calls for you to weld a .065 x 3/4 4130 disc to the bellcrank.
Larry

Thanks Larry. Kent T. and I reviewed the AD, 63-06-02, and it doesn't call out a field modification or fix for the original aluminum bellcranks. I've seen the web articles about making one from 4130 and welding a steel washer of the correct size. But since this is associated with an AD I ordered new steel left and right bellcranks from Bellanca for $128.34 each. That's robbery, but what's worse is that this AD has been 'pencil whipped' since 1963 in the log books as being complied with. First annuals are always fun.... :D

Nothing like surprise. If it isn't written down it never happened. First Annuals are always very bad. Lynn the crate :shock:

Back