rudder return springs

Chris Buerk

I recently broke a rudder return spring (the ones that are in the cockpit, outboard of the two outboard rudder pedals). Does anyone have a source for these springs? So far I haven't found anything comparable at local hardware stores. The spring is roughly 3" long and about an inch or so in diameter.

Chris

Chris,
Found mine at local hardware store and is very similar to what was there. Works fine.
Maybe try another store or something. They are very cheap, if you don't find any, let me know, maybe I can help you by shipping you a pair. I changed both when mine broke to make sure I had same force on both sides. :wink:

Alain

Thanks Alain.

I know it's been a while since I first posted and you first replied, but is it still possible to take you up on your offer? I've tried everything and I can't find anything remotely similar to the ones on the plane.

For clarity, my springs are 2 inches long (not counting the end loops), 1 1/8 inches in diameter, and have 20 coils.

If the offer is still valid, I'd be in your debt if you'd mail me a couple.

mailing address is:
PO box 201
West Ossipee NH 03890

thanks again, Alain.

Regards,

Chris Buerk

Chris,
My e-mail is mariejoalain@videotron.ca Send me an e-mail so I have your e-mail adress.
I will take a picture of my set-up in the airplane and send you the pics. And exact measurement of mine. So we're sure you're ok with them. Then, with your confirmation, I will get them and send them to you. You can also call me tonigth or during the day tomorow at the office.
Tomorrow after work I will try to take the pics.

Alain :D
home: 450-424-8678
off: 514-422-5235

Back