Shoulder harness for 14-13

Brendan Carmody

Is there a source for shoulder harnesses, required fittings and paperwork for retro-fit into 14-13? Has anyone put together an installation in their Cruisair Senior and got 337 approval?

I was told by the (friendly) FAA that a shoulder harness only requires a logbook entry. I was going to install a set in my 14-13 using retractable harness but decided I would have troubles reaching the flap handle after installation so I did not put them in. :lol: :lol:

Where and how were you going to anchor the shoulder straps, Randy? It would have been easy to wrap some stout pieces of sheet metal (steel) around one of the tubes comprising the fuselage frame BEFORE the fuselage was covered -- but my fuselage is covered (with razorback) and there's a nice headliner in the cockpit that I don't want to cut without a plan.

I was going to use adell clamps on the top cross members. You are right, it would be easier to do it uncovered. You will have to use an anertia reel so you can reach your flaps. Find someone in the area that has one uncovered and messure were they can go, then cut your liner. After you install hand sow it back. you will notice it, but there are not to many choices. Good luck. :lol: :lol:

I installed my front shoulder harness according to Bellanca drawing titled "Inst'l-Seat Belt & Shoulder Harness #206178 dated 9/21/73.
I redid the interior but the cluster weld was easy to fit a 5/16 bolt and steel washer to hinge the harness. The crate had a Mickey Mouse set up with Adel clamps cut into the headliner. Worked but looked like S---. Looks great now! I can e-mail you a picture of the pilots side for reference. LYNN N9818B :arrow: :roll:

lwford said:
I installed my front shoulder harness according to Bellanca drawing titled "Inst'l-Seat Belt & Shoulder Harness #206178 dated 9/21/73.
I redid the interior but the cluster weld was easy to fit a 5/16 bolt and steel washer to hinge the harness. The crate had a Mickey Mouse set up with Adel clamps cut into the headliner. Worked but looked like S---. Looks great now! I can e-mail you a picture of the pilots side for reference. LYNN N9818B :arrow: :roll:

LYNN I would be interested in a photo of your seat belt set up aswell
fixenfly@aol.com

I welded in two triangular pieces of CM sheet metal with a hole in the middle. My harnesses will attach Cessna-style and should be pretty stout.
If I had it to do over again, I wouldn't have done this. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. :wink:

Back