Southern Buyer Needs to Sit in Your Cruisiar

blimpy

Nov 13, 2013

I have a "buyer" nibbling at my Cruisair.
He lives in Slidell Lousiana - I am in California.

Would somebody in the South who has a Cruisair be willing to extend him the courtesy
allowing him to sit in ( and drool on) your cruisair ?

No way I can tell him if he will "fit" or not.

If you are in his neck of the woods with a Bellanca to sell, he and his partner seem keen on buying one.
Keen enough to go out to get a tail dragger endorsement.

Might be better for mine to stay here in California where it has always lived.
Maybe better for him to get a bird used to the humidity of the south/east/Midwest ?

>>Be warned- this guy likes to talk ! <<

Please call Jim at 504-259-7461

Thanks Larry

I tell people to sit in a mooney. or a smart car.

One guy actually asked me if you hear the radio speaker without a headset since he didn't have one. I told him if he didn't mind sharing a phone booth with a running lawnmower he'd probably be OK.

Hi Larry,
I don't know if this request has been satisfied or or what the buyers definition of "in the neighborhood" is but, he is certainly welcome to come sit in my Cruisemaster. I am near DFW airport.

Jack

Jack... thanks.

I will call him up and tell him.
I think the "flying flag" went to tennesee.. I dunno which is closer.

BTW.. I still want to return your baggage compartment lock. Wont fit the cruisair, but somebody
can use it, I'm sure.

Larry :)

The 'Flying Flag' is at the corner of AL, GA and TN, near KCHA.
Based at KAPT.
I live in Georgia, but I can see Alabama and Tennessee from my house:
http://www.kitepilot.com/may/100B0980.JPG

I talked to the guy, nice conversation... :)
Anyone wishing for gliders and/or hangliders is welcome to show up!

My part-time:
http://www.kitepilot.com/may/100_1010.JPG
http://kitepilot.com/georgia/towing/tug_1.JPG

Over the house:
http://kitepilot.com/N74375/over-the-house.jpg

Well Jim Bates said he got a call from a CFI in the south who will take him flying
in his bellanca.. Says he got a call from one of the club members !

Thanks !

larry :D

Larry,..
I'm trying to get some additional instruction from a CFI that has Bellanca time and wanted to see if you would PM that persons contact info or share mine with his/hers.
I have a 14-19-3A
Phil

PhilWebb said:
Larry,..
I'm trying to get some additional instruction from a CFI that has Bellanca time and wanted to see if you would PM that persons contact info or share mine with his/hers.
I have a 14-19-3A
Phil
Hello Phil:
I am the CFI at the corner of AL, GA and TN.
I have extensive experience on Vikings and 14-13.
Fell free to call (928)785-2391
Enrique

kitepilot said:
PhilWebb said:
Larry,..
I have a 14-19-3A
Phil
Hello Phil:
Enrique
Hi Enrique,.
Do you think that it would be close enough to my 14-19-3A?
Phil

PhilWebb said:
kitepilot said:
PhilWebb said:
Larry,..
I have a 14-19-3A
Phil
Hello Phil:
Enrique
Hi Enrique,.
Do you think that it would be close enough to my 14-19-3A?
Phil

It depends on where you are at and what you are planning to accomplish...
Most low wing Bellancas are pretty fast! :)

I was wanting to get some pattern work and just work on what else needed touching up.
Located in the MS GulfCoast.
Phil

PhilWebb said:
I was wanting to get some pattern work and just work on what else needed touching up.
Phil
I think it is possible.
We are some 7 round-trip hours apart, give or take half an hour depending on whether I fly my plane there or you fly yours here.
I don't do aviation for a living (I do it for a life) so I am open to all sort of arrangements
Bring your plane over and I'll sign you off some glider instruction time... :)

kitepilot said:
PhilWebb said:
Phil
I think it is possible.
We are some 7 round-trip hours apart, give or take half an hour depending on whether I fly my plane there or you fly yours here.
I don't do aviation for a living (I do it for a life) so I am open to all sort of arrangements

Is that a "power loss emergency landing" practice joke? ha
Seriously, I think I might need some of that also.
Anything for my family to do up in that area while I'm their, wife 2 boys 11-15.
Phil

PhilWebb said:
kitepilot said:
PhilWebb said:
Phil
I think it is possible.

Is that a "power loss emergency landing" practice joke? ha
Seriously, I think I might need some of that also.
Anything for my family to do up in that area while I'm their, wife 2 boys 11-15.
Phil
Flying a glider is a perpetual 'where am I gonna land' emergency situation while forced to fly in coordinated mode (or drop like a piano)... :)

That trains you to face the 2 most deadly emergencies in GA, because you build the instinct to *ALWAYS* look for a field and because flying coordinated makes borderline impossible the dreaded 'stall-and-spin into a crater' end of a flight.
If you want to fly some spins we can do that too, but at altitude... ;-)

If I had a saying, no one should be allowed to fly behind the oily, noisy, stinky thing-that-blows until they solo a glider. Maybe that's why I don't have a saying... :)

Kids?
All sort of stuff!
Hang gliding, caving, rafting, boating, bicycling, rock climbing, Rock City, Ruby Falls, the Chattanooga Aquarium (in my opinion better that Atlanta's) Huntsville and NASA an hour-and-a-half away, The River Walk, and on, and on, and on...
Atlanta's 'Bodies' is worth the trip...

The wife?
'Unclaimed Baggage' in Scottsboro, stores that recover missing bags from airlines (even ships!) and sell *ALL* sort of stuff at great prices!
Lots of Army surplus stores and other stores that wife here travels and loots...
Chattanooga is a great place to visit, some call it 'The Colorado of the East'
For good reason... :)

That all sounds good to me.
So let me know what slots are open for you as since my children are in school I would have to work around that or maybe just come without them.
Thanks,
Phil

Back