STC's

tjbell

I have about eight sheets of STC's numbers that came with my aircraft, do not know if the club has all of these on file, some one ran these off years ago they where for 14-9, 14-13, 14-19's anything from fuel pumps to fiberglass resining a wing not that I would do that but some one had it approved.

That sounds great! Maybe you could send it to Rob for his database.
Maybe you could attach a picture of the list here so we could all see it? I sure want to know if there’s an STC that might apply N9800B!

This would be a great reference. STC lists are available on the FAA site, but not really in a user-friendly manner. Also in my opinion the FAA's listings do not appear complete. One problem is that often the owner of an STC has gone West or the rights have simply been abandoned. I am not real clear on how we can use an STC in this situation. I think many IAs do not take the time to determine if an STC exists for certain mods. Certainly the 337 records are not always up to date. Log books are often incomplete, if you can even read the entries. Tracing the history of modifications on old airplanes is a real challenge. Feedback from others who have been down this path would be very helpful. Send the list my way if you would. --Rob

Back