Still need a P lead

Gary Brink

I am still trying to locate a P lead for the Iseman magneto in my 47' 150 hsp Frankie. I do have one but I'm missing the other. I called the good folks in California but they couldn't help either. Does anyone have an extra P lead for this magneto or can you give me ideas where else to look? :?:
Gary

Hello,

You could try contacting Gene Hamilton in Washington state. He recently helped my repair my Eisemann mangeto; it looks like he has lots of parts. His number: 360-837-1321. He is a great guy to work with.

Allen, N1413B

I called Gene Hamilton and he didn't have one. Can anyone help me out? I still need one P lead for an Iseman magneto. Any suggestions, tips or advice is welcome. :D

Gary

I looked today and I have no P leads, plenty of cores and parts including rotors but no leads. Sorry Greg

I thought the "P" lead was the wire from the ignition switch to the magneto "primary coil" hence the name "P lead" . I don't remember there being anything special about a "p" lead for an Eisman magneto. Just fabricate one. Or are you talking about an ignition lead from the mag to a spark plug ?

The P-lead that I need is a small round "plug" with threads on it and it screws into the Iseman magneto. It has something that looks like a spring on the inside and there is an insulated wire about five inches long extending from the outside. This wire is connected to the wire that runs to the switch.
Thanks,
Gary

And I found them. Arn Air from Iowa works on Iseman magnetos and he has new P-lead kits. They are inexpensive and are exactly what I need.
Thanks for your help, everyone!
Gary

Great to know where to get parts. Just for those who don't know, the fitting the P-lead fits into is smaller inside on an Eisman than on a Bendix. So the Eisman will work just not right on a Bendix and the Bendix won't fit at all in a Eisman. I broke in an engine on my Cruiseaire a few years ago and that was just one of the annoying problems I found on an "easy" engine swap...Greg

Hmmm....lesse Greg - easy engine swap. Other phrases come to mind.

Amicable divorce
Affordable twin
Win-win situation
Low cost retract
Currently out of annual but runs great

I'm sure others come to mind...to everyone :lol:

Jonathan

Back