Strut lower nut removal? ( 113-18 retaining screw)

planebones

Dear Bellancophiles: I built a wrench to grab the "pin" holes, I put liquid wrench on them & let it soak, I heated it 3 times, I shocked it with hammer blows........my lower strut brass retainer nuts will not loosen. Does any one have any ideas? thanks Ken McCune 307-699-0087

...i've found is "Aero-Kroil". smells funny :shock: , but it loosens rusted, stuck nuts/bolts like nothing else.

hope this helps! :D

blue skies,
vic & N522A

Aero Kroil is the way to go. Let it soak for a period of time. Keep it soaked and it will loosen. You must be patient and give it plenty of time to work it's magic. LYNN N9818B

Did you remove the pins that are in the side of the nut. They use what looks like a drift pin to keep them from coming unscrewed. It is drilled from the outside of the leg. LOOK Close it my be painted . :lol: :lol: :lol:

After a 10 day soak in penetrating oil I got the thing apart. My elation was soon dampened by finding my spring in 3 pieces, and lots of missing chrome on the gear leg. If anyone needs to use the spanner I built I can send it out....Ken

Back