tail brace wires

cglucas

Shawn Francis called today, he has broken a tail brace wire and is looking for a source to buy a new one or a new set. Any recomendations for a source for him. He has a 14-19-3 triple tail......Greg

Greg, As you may know, most flying wires break because they are to GD tight. Usually the top ones. This was addressed a few months ago. "A Wheels" 800-517-9278 still has a fair selection. Give them +/- 1inch on the length and they can probably help. Dan

Thanks to Greg and Dan! I searched for flywires, which is a neddle in a hay stack. Jerry Tague in Pennsylvania is the son-in-law of the gentleman that had "A Wheels". Jerry is a super nice guy. He has one wire wire that will work and will be shipping it on Monday. Today, a customer of my that has a Machine shop, used his lathe to machine new threads on my old wire that will serve as a back up if the new part doesn't work. Hopefully the "Blue Bug Smasher" will make it home the first of the week. Thanks again for the help. Shawn Francis

If anyone needs flying wires Stien areo is the American dealer for one of only two manufactures left. When I was looking for a set for mine I called about 5 places, When I finally called him he already new what I was looking for because 4 of the other company's call him. THEY ARE NOT CHEAP but it is your life hanging out there. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks Randy! I will check them. I walked around my father's 2005 High Country Explorer and it has the same length wires on the bottom. But they are round. I called American Champion and the do have those in stock and seems to be fairly reasonable. I'm ready to get the Bug Smasher home! The Bug Smasher will be get a brand new set. Ask for Tina in the parts Dept.

The "Bug Smasher" is home @ 4O4 in Idabel OK. The new part didn't fit. I used the old wire that was machined at the local machine shop. The wind Gods were in my favor! Left OKC cruiseing @ 5,500' @ 20' of manifold pressure and 2300 rpm, true airspeed was 155 mph and the gps was indicating 179 kts. The ride home was great!

Back