Tail wheel assembly

Kent2

I need the brass busing used in the tail wheel assembly on my CruiseMaster n9811B. Anyone know where I can get one or do I make it myself?
It's probably the same as in the Cruisair.
Thanks.
Kent Tarver

I bought mine from Carroll at AAC. I do have a used one in good condition that is surplus from my tailwheel rebuild. Lynn the crate :)

Thanks for the reply, I think Grant Jordan has one, but in case he doesn't what do want for your's?

BTW, how do we correspond without taking up time and space on the forum?

Kent

Special K, give me an address and I will send you it. No big deal 10 bucks and it is covered. My e-mail just click on my name and it should come up and get to me. You will find that that big bushing is held in the tail post by 3 large bolts. Remove the bolts and Kroil the thing before trying to pull it out. My new one I filed 3 flats on it so the grease hole stays inline with the grease fitting. The old one shifted and no grease was getting to the fork shaft.
Lynn the crate 8)

Lynn, It's been a long time since I restored 9801B and I've forgotten some things. The springs that are tied to the rudder pedal bar that ties to the firewall. Shouldn't those springs be strong enough to keep the tail wheel steering springs fairly tight? Looks like the springs in the tail flop around too much. However I notice that in my 14-13-2 thay are also sorta slack.

I found the tailwheel springs control most everything. They are clamped onto the rudder cables and by moving the clamps you adjust the tension. I was told to adjust so that the springs just come under tension and this will tauten the rudder cables. This I did and also rechecked when I recovered the crate.When I first got the crate someone removed the springs WOW was that thing sensitive and unapproved. Tailwheels take a major beating no matter what machine. We have had the tailwheel assembly out of the Spartan 7 times to make it right! Lynn the crate :p lford1011@zoominternet.net

KT,just returned from Thanksgiving in Atlanta. I will get that out to you Monday. Lynn :? Mailed USPS Mon. AM :D

KT,Did you get the bushing I sent to your address? I have not heard from you and hope all is well. Merry Christmas, Lynn :wink:

Yes I did, but I found a new one from Alexander A/C, for $65, do you want this one back? I will put it in the mail for you tomorrow. I appreciate your mailing.

Back