Thanks to Alan Alcott for selling me N74360 !

blimpy

After a year of bothering Alan, I finally did what I should have done right off, and bought N743560-
1947 14-13-2 , w/ Franklin 150 and Aeromatic F-200 prop.
Alan is a consumate pilot, and was very kind to spend some hours with me as I stumbled through many wheel landing T & G's , after 38 years since my Luscombe days. You couldn't ask for a more patient and generous person.
Allen made sure I got a full compliment of Original Bellanca and Franklin Manuals, as well as some of the Club reprints, all the Logs from Day 1, and a very organized list to keep track of the 25, 50, and 100 hour AD's.
I guess I set my sights on the cruisaire back in the early 70's , a year or so before I learned to fly in my 8-A.
These last 2 years spent getting my Private ticket in Cessnas.. I've known something was missing.. lightness and balance of controls, that spelled the difference between JOY in flying, and well truck driving. As I gain profiency and confidence in the Bellanca it's all comming back to me in spades.
Everytime I come back from a flight in the cruisaire I have to rave about the qualities of the aircraft. I even like all the work it takes to keep her flying !
Thanks Allen and Karen, you really went out of your way helping me get the airplane home.

Back