The Remains of N74393

bdon661

I bought a really low time 165 Franklin for my airplane and - interestingly - it came with the rather limited remains of a wrecked 14-13-2.

There are no wings and the fuselage is cut in two behind the cabin. But there was a moving van full of small parts AND paperwork - Bill of Sale, Airworthiness, Data Plate, logs.

There is also a set of Cleveland wheels and brakes with an approved 337, a metal baggage compartment with a door, and an Aeromatic F200H hub (one blade is broken off).

If anyone needs any of this, please CALL me at (I hate this) Eight One Seven, 781, One Six Four Two. Why do I have to do this just to put a phone number of this page? I work A LOT and don't check this forum very often, so calling is the best way to reach me.

BTW, this airframe was owned by Don Maxfield of Li'l Red Aero Fame at the time of his passing. Prior to that, it was owned for MANY years by Arvine J. Bierman who was an early Nebraska aviator and had amazing penmanship. The logs and correspondence file are fascinating reading.

Best Wishes,
Brad Donner
NC86916

If anyone needs a pair of very acceptable 14-13 yokes, I just 'discovered' that the yokes from N74393 clean up very nicely. They're an off-white / ivory color, no PTT or other accessories.

We are going to test the wobble pump late this week and see if it works. If so, it is also for sale.

Call for pics.

Best Wishes,
Brad Donner
NC86916

Back