Thread Inserts

I have come across some neat little thread inserts by doing some research on a better way to attach the root leading edge fairings to the wings. I cant stand not to have nutplates or threads to attach things. These are similar to some items that you can find locally but I believe will work much better.

The little gems are made by Yardley Products Corporation http://www.yardleyproducts.com 800-457-0154
TRISERT Self-Tapping Insert-Coarse Threaded & coarse Threaded Short Series-US Threads

The part number that I have selected is 632JCS14-14BR. Nice compact size with a 6-32 thread. I have received a couple of samples and with be installing them shortly. They do have a 75.00 minimum order but at .54 cents a piece that wont be hard to fill if they work out.

Dan

I installed the two samples that I received in the root leading edge. I like them and am going to order a bunch. I installed them with a couple of drops of epoxy glue also. Back to airport tomorrow to check the strength. The length of the insert is .218 so there is not much at all that is on the back side of the leading edge.
Dan

Great looking product=how do you insert the non slotted variety? I figure you could put a short screw in and just use the slot of the screw, but with my luck, as I took the screw out, the insert would also come out.

Kind of tricky, I agree. The next ones that I receive I am going to use a small washer under the screw. I will let you know how that turns out.
Dan

Back