Throttle Interference

mr scout

99-8GCBC I am surprised there is not an SDR on this. The muffler shroud outlet for the rear seat heater is at such an angle it allows the scat tubing to rub on the edge of the carburetor as well as interfere with the throttle arm. There is no way to rotate the shroud because of the tight fit around the exhaust outlet. This not only causes holes to be worn in the tube after 50 hrs but also the pilot has to hold the throttle in the closed position or the scat tube pushes the throttle back open. When you protect the tube with tape it makes it to stiff for the throttle to move and therefore prevents the RPM from dropping below about 1200 any suggestions? Or was this outlet placed in the wrong position and its one of a kind?

Sorry Jerry I don't have my secret de-coder ring, is there something I am missing? Or is it the fact that it's just damn hard to make the shroud any better? If that outlet was a bit further forward it wouldn't interfere with the carb or arm. Any helpful suggestions?

I guess my point is, we messed with it and messed with it...and came full circle to what it is right now. If you want to try a different shroud you could call up Dawley and see if they can make you one the way you want.

Normally, we just have to keep it tied off and away. Usually tied to the other tubes. And in time it will relax and need to be tied again.

Back