Throttle Switch Still Available

Ralph925

Like all of us I have a squawk list that I try to keep from getting any longer by fixing things at a slightly faster pace than they break at. Sometimes I am more successful than others at keeping up. My landing gear warning buzzer has not worked since I have owned the plane. Last weekend the buzzer was next up on the list. After some quality time with a test light and the plane up on jacks so I could swing the gear I discovered the throttle switch was not working. I took the switch off of the carburetor (this sounds so easy when you say it like that). The pivot pin has worn into the housing to the point where the switch will not make any more. On the switch is a part number: BZ-2RW822-A2 A quick search of Google led me to www.zoro.com who had the switch for $6.88 and $5 for shipping. I ordered 2. Today they arrived and much to my surprise the very new clean white box has a FAA-PMA label listing the BELLANCA 14-19-2 and all of the 17- and 14-19s as well who would have guessed? :D Just thought I would share my find.
Ralph

I have become slightly paranoid about adjusting really old stuff for fear that the project will just get larger every time I touch something.
I’m probably the only one that happens to <sark>

Hi Ralph, I certainly agree with Larry – great find! It’s not a surprise to me that these parts are still available – Honeywell Microswitches have been used on 80% of electro-mechanical systems for the past 70 years – what is surprising is that you got a package with a PMA approval stamp on it. Usually this endorsement triples the price of anything. So would you explain exactly what search term you used on Zoro to buy the PMA approved parts. I want to order a few. Thanks… Rob

We have lots of Honeywell switches around our shop as well. I was fully expecting to find the switch just not a box that says FAA-PMA BELLANCA on it :D

I Googled:
bz-2rw822-a2 micro switch
Zorro’s add came up as a sponsored add at the top of the page with a photo.
Ralph

Ralph, you got me to order one for my -2 crate. If I have a spare I will never need to replace the part. For that price how could I pass it up? My gear horn and warning light work just fine and I plan to keep it that way. Thanks Lynn the crate :)

Is it the same part number on the Cruisemaster for both the throttle switch and the gear retract/extension switches?

Jack

Jack, I have an extra set of gear switches and the actuators on them do not have the roller just straight tang. When I get my spare throttle switch, I will compare and get the switch # off my spares. Maybe Zoro has this switch too. I will put the p/n on the forum.Lynn the crate

Ordered the throttle warning switch on Wednesday, received it today (Friday). Great resource - thanks again Ralph! Next as Lynn mentions I think we should identify the MicroSwitch part numbers for all of the landing gear switches for all 14-XX-X birds and then we can have some backup parts before Zoro figures out what most outfits charge for PMA airplane parts. --Rob

I checked on the landing gear switches and they are MICRO Switch p/n YZ-2R and BZ-7RTC two each. This is on a 14-19-2 Cruisemaster. The switches have no actuator attached to them, they are a solder connection and use a button to actuate. I checked on Zoro and found similar switch with screw connections. Lynn the crate

Back