Torque Specs for Wheel Fairings?

1352cc

I recently purchased a 7ECA and the prior owner had taken off the wheel fairings. Are there torque specifications or instructions anywhere? I looked in the service manual and just says install/remove them to gain access to the wheel assembly but no how to. Thanks!

Absent any other specs, I would think the torque values in AC-43 "Standard Practices" manual would be the applicable guideline. It has tables of torque values for different size bolts with different thread types (course or fine). Away from my library at the moment, but search for that manual online and you'll find downloadable versions in PDF form. Warming - it is huge!

By the way - my fairings are off and will likely stay that way for a while. Easier to check tire pressure, lower empty weight for better useful load, etc. I guess they probably add a few mph to cruise speed, but really, 95 would not get me there much sooner than 90, so I don't see much point...

Are you using lock nuts and or safety wire? I would think that with either, tight is tight would probably work out pretty well. I would be somewhat concerned with over torquing such small bolts

Back