Tow Bar for Cruisemaster

mbrown

What is the best tow bar design for moving my Cruisemaster in and out of the hanger? I would like to buy or build one that can be used with a little tractor and also maybe one that can be used with the tailwheel.

Hello,

I use a version of the Tail-dragger dragger available from Aircraft Spruce; seen at the following link:

http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/pspages/taildragger.php

You attach it to the tail wheel and then pull or push the aircraft into position. I made mine; it folds down to fit in the luggage compartment.

Allen

Thanks! I have used a similar device with a Super Dec. and did not know how well it would work with the larger Cruisemaster.

Be carefull guys, I borrowed the exact same one shown on your link from a hangar neighbour. He use it for his Maule. I could not clear the rudder on my Cruisair. Maybe with the Cruisemaster it works. It's thru that you might have a larger wheel then my little hard rubber one. Anyway, it didn't worked. Too bad, I like the handles, it gives you lots of strenght.

Alain.

I use the tailwheel towbar on my Cruisair; however, I have an eight-inch tailwheel. No problems clearing the rudder. The plane is heavy, and it does take some effort to move when in the grass.

The tow bar (in message above) is too long to be stowed in the airplane. I made my own towbar, much like this one, but I made mine foldable so it can fit in the baggage area. It was about $40 in parts from Home Depot.

Regards,

Allen

Back