Trim tab hardware for 14-13 2

Gary Brink

I am missing the small metal part that is screwed into the elevator and I believe there is "pin" that is inserted into
the inboard side of the trim tab. I expect that it wouldn't be hard to make one except I don't have a pattern. Does anyone have an extra one or a pattern that I could use to make one? Any thoughts/suggestions would be welcome.
Gary

Hi Gary,
You are right it is pretty basic but it works OK. I will take some photos of my assembly to help you make one - ( I will try and do it tomorrow). From memory, the trim rod has a lefthand thread. so the pin on the trim tab requires a lefthand threaded hole in it.

Hope everything else is going well.
Regards
Bernie.
( We are having a very cool winter, and it's slowing me down, bloody cold shed!!!!)

Bernie,
It isn't the rod that adjusts the trim tab. It is the small piece that holds the inboard side of the trim tab to the elevator. One could almost use a small hinge but I doubt that I could get a the approval to use a hinge.
Thanks,
Gary

Gary something you might want to look at before you assemble the tail feathers is the fit of the trim tab trunnion nuts in the tabs that hang down.Bellancas are famous for trim tab flutter if there is much play.Also make sure the pieces that the nuts go into are not cracked .I was talking to a fellow who had purchased a Cruisair on the east coast and had just flown it to Calif. He said that it had a vibration so bad that his hands went numb after 3 or 4 hours. Just by chance I looked at his trim tab and the very bottom of the pieces that hold the trunnion nut were both cracked .The man was ready to start working on his engine to fix the problem and would have spent much time and money to still be frustrated. If you have too much play you might contact Bob Szego to find out if there is still a source for the slightly over size trunnion nuts . Then you can ream the holes to where they are round again and snug. Good luck on the project. Grant.

Back