Tundra Tires

mr scout

Does any one have info on putting tundra tires on an 8gcbc. The Bushwheel seem's way to expensive. Are 26x10.5x6 Goodyears available? Any STCs for this size? Any info or opinions would be appreciated

The 26" goodyears are available. There are no STCs that I know of, but I had no trouble getting them field approved on a Champ. The goodyears are hard, have tubes, and are nowhere near 26" - they aren't really comparable to AKBWs, but they are an affordable improvement over 8.50s.

For my information (so that I can help), what rim does the Goodyears fit on?

The AKBW's require a slightly narrower rim over the standard 8GCBC rim. We recently made design changes to accommodate the AKBW. Basically, they had installation approval, but no way to install them in an approved fashion. So, we draw up a new axle with the correct spacing and added the correct rim and brake to the technical data. 'bridged the gap' so to speak.

Unfortunately, for quick certification, we only call out the AKBW part numbers. I think it would short cut your field approval with a copy of 4-2042 though. Only question is....the one above about rim size.

My Goodyears are on "standard" Cleveland wheels - whatever that means - I can find a part # if that would be helpful.

There are lots-o-scouts with Goodyears up here; without knowing, I'd tend to guess they fit fine. There are a few with AKBWs as well - along with a handful of Citabrias with Scout gear - what doesn't fit?? Brakes?

The AKBW's don't fit on the standard 8GCBC rims. They are made for 8.50 x 6. The AKBW need like a Cessna rim thats for 600x6 through 800x6. This changes the length of the axle and the spacing required for clearance. Its nothing complex, just a few dimensions. Additionally, this eliminates any extra spacers for a cleaner installation.

Jerry-I believe the goodyears go right on the 8.50 x 6.00 wheel. Do you carry the correct wheel and brake assembly to install the AKBW or just the correct axle to install a different wheel and brake kit.
Also a big hats off to you folks when it comes to product support. Not only do you have a friendly helpfull staff but your prices are always a pleasant surprise. Unlike most of your competition.
Thanks again :D

Not a problem Mr. Scout. So, how is Mrs. 8GCBC?
OK, so that was a lame joke.

The GA industry is fairly small and survival depends a lot on keeping in touch with the industry, from the big name vendors, to the consumers, even previous consumers. You have my parent's long experience running the family FBO and Piper/Mooney/Bellanca dealership experience to thank for anything that seems catered to the consumer or FBO. i.e. we've been there. For things that just look like we don't care, or don't know....we don't!! Just kidding. You'll have to trust us that there must be a reason.
ok, enough sappy poo...

We don't carry the smaller rim with the big brakes; they are off-the-shelf Parker Hannafin (spelling). 40-75D wheel, 30-52A brake
are very common on the 4 place Cessna. All you need from us (for that assembly) is the 2-2296 axles. If I am wrong, Mandy or Chad in parts will fix my error. :lol:

Back