Up dating old records????

gjordan

I have managed to locate some of my collection of old plane records, but they are on micro fitch. I am a techno Dinosaur and dont know how to get them into some modern format. Does anyone know if there is a device to read micro fitchs and load them into a computer? Then I can load them onto an SD card and take them to some firm that can print regular blue print size copies. There is a lot of interesting information in these old records and some of the planes have been purged from the FAA records, so you cant order a CD. Any advice will be appreciated. ____Grant.

Grant, somewhere in my many storage areas I have a microfiche viewer/printer. How many microfiche plates do you have? What kind of information is on them? I will see if the old unit I have still works and will let you know... Rob

Rob, I think the local library has a reader, but I will call today to see if I can print from theirs. I have 20 or more records on micro fitch and they contain random information on modifications to Cruisairs that have been previously approved. They also list a surprising amount of factory service kits for the Cruisair than are almost unknown now. When I get it all organized, I will do a long post about it. I know some of the information because I wrote notes on the envelopes that the micro fitchs came in, but I have to print them to get the details. Just more fun in aviation. ____Grant.

Grant, please keep us posted as you uncover more helpful data. I have found a new hobby in re-creating old Bellanca documents and reverse engineering what isn't documented. This old -3 fuselage that I bought in Utah has been extremely helpful in discovering the inner workings of the Cruisemaster and its systems. It has been like opening a time capsule as I can tell virtually everything is just as it came from the factory. I am having a good time building 3D Solidworks models of everything I can find and measure, starting with the old prints of the hydraulic actuators that you sent. --Rob

The library has a reader and the lady (after asking around) said that it has a USB port. I assume I can load the fitchs on to my lap top. Probably take the granddaughter with me for coaching. This should be interesting. ____Grant.

Back