Upset

cruiseair74372

I do get upset sometimes. Its not that they disagree with me but also the book values. I see people tear the gear out from under there planes because they land way to fast or slow. Instructors with no time trying to teach people how to fly these things They complain things are to expensive so they don't buy fuel when they are at the airport and run out 5 miles from the place that has cheap fuel (Viking went down last week at Austin because he felt fuel was to much at Decator, Totaled the plane tyring to get over the fence at a closed aiport) I have made a lot of mistakes and have been lucky to live thru them. Have lost 5 engines (4 VW and 1 65 ) . I have rules, one is I now am the only one that works on my plane, I am the only one that fuels it no exceptions and the only one that moves it or ties it down. I have watched people grab the flying wires and move the planes around, A big no no. I guess I better stop I am getting carried away. Ask Cy about what people will try to do. He runs the repair station at Oshkosh. You'all have fun flying. I will just seat back and watch. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think it's great, Larry, that you have rules. People, in general, are bad at setting limits. It's a shame that their inability to set limits kills them. I think we could all take a lesson from you on this point. I like your rules about nobody else working on your airplane or fueling it. I can follow your example about fueling my own airplane. Unfortunately, I can't follow it about working on it exclusively. I'd like to do my own work, but I am having trouble finding someone who will look over my shoulder and, ultimately, sign off my project. Maybe you have suggestions for options?

(On another point, from another board, I would be happy to spell check your postings for you. Just send them to me in e-mail, xodix@juno.com, and I'll send them back to you in a jiffy.)

In this area, to find someone willing to help we go to small airports. or grass strips were the people that work on them do it for fun not a living. That seams to make a difference. I have made a lot of mistakes in jugement and have been lucky enough to live thru them. I guess as you get older you geat smarter. If I make 90 I should be fairly smart. :lol: :lol:

Back