Vernatherm SL53E19600 for a AEIO320

gvaliente

Hi guys, reading a Champion, Decathlon Facebook chat, someone wrote that he fixed his high oil temp problem on his Decathlon, by changing the Vernatherm valve for this new type. Any one has had some experience with this. My problem is that the oil temp raises up to 220, nearly to red line.
Thanks

Lyc. Service Instruction 1423A and 1565 lists the new Vernatherm PN as 53E22144, this supersedes PN 75944 and LW-10269. However the change, I think is due to the way the nut on the end is designed, the old PN had a problem with the nut coming loose, (SI 1423A).

The failure mode is the valve not extending, which gradually happens over time, that would allow oil to bypass the cooler.

The valve should extend .248" at 210deg f. It should contact the seat at .1894" at about 185deg.f.

Hope that helps, Bill B

This might sound dome! But we found our oil temp problem. There is a black foam filter in front of the oil cooler, was almost blocked.
I need to replace it, the parts manual does not show the part number. Any clues what it is called or ref number to buy it.
Thanks

What model airplane?
I have never seen a filter on an oil cooler, I suspect someone put it there to keep the cooler clean?
I would take it off.

Back