Very Specific Window Question

shazam

I have a '71 ECA with 2000 ACA wings on it. I'd like to allow the left front window to fully open. I understand there are some differences between the different years of aircraft regarding a bracket or some such that can be attached to hold the window open on the ground. Could Jerry or another of you very knowledgeable folks address this regarding this aircraft/wing year combination? Thanks! Everyone else, I appreciate your indulgence!

2000 wings should have the little bracket in the wing. You just need the external parts and the placard. You can go to where you think the center of the bottom of the window would be and see if you can see/feel the stiffener in there and where the rivnuts are.

All the little pieces are on hand here. Just give Chad or Tina a call.

the answer is
Maybe

Basically, you need the fuel tank support that has the tab welded onto it. You can feel around the fabric to see if you have this. Its the second support. Later year aircraft had it, but I have no idea when the cut off was.

Ordered the parts and chatted with Tina yesterday Jerry. She ENJOYED her ride in the new Decathlon (like anyone in their right mind wouldn't?) !! For general information...~$50, including the sticker for the panel.. Well worth it, IMHO! Thanks again!

Jim

Back