Viking seats in a Cruisair

Gary Brink

I remember some time ago about the topic of seeing Viking seats in a Cruisair but nobody seemed to know where to find the 337 for it. I just received my new, fresh 337 to put Viking seats in my Cruisair. If anyone is looking for a copy, just let me know.
Gary
garylbrink@yahoo.com

Larry, email me you address off board at garylbrink@yahoo.com. I'll send you a nice legible hard copy. (I don't have a scanner.) :cry:
Gary

Larry, I had spoken with you a bit ago in regards to instruments in Cruisemaster's. I have N8841R. For some reason I was not able to get your e-mail address to work, could you send me your e-mail. My address is ben@maddens.com. Thanks Larry.

Hi Gary, I just got a set of Viking seats and I am trying to decide if it is worth fighting/begging the feds to install them in my Cruisair. How have they worked out in your plane? Did they give you more headroom or less? Did they give you more or less leg room?My main reason for wanting them is safety.I dont like my tailbone being a thin foam cushion away from the steel bar that holds the rear of our seat straps. I also noticed that your 337 said that your seats were 14-19-3 seats? Do you adjust from the sides of the seats or from the center as in a Viking? Hope to hear from you. Grant.

Grant,
The first thing that you need to know is there is only about two inches of movement in the Viking seats. They adjust from the center but there isn't much adjustment. I put them in my bird because of my wife's back problems. She can ride for a long time in a bucket seat but straight seats are a problem. Both my wife and I are about five feet, four inches tall, so head room really hasn't been an issue and I don't know if they are better or not. I can say that they are more comfortable. Also, if you choose to use them, you shouldn't have to fight with the feds as we have a 337. If you want a copy, email me your address at: garylbrink@yahoo.com.
Gary

Gary, Thanks for the info. I also fit reasonably well in my Cruisair ,but my real issue is the steel bar that runs right under my spine with only a little bit of foam which could compress very quickly. Maybe I worry too much,but bucket seats with temper foam seam like a big jump in safety and comfort. Larry Lowenkron already sent me a copy of your 337 and my IA said it will be a big help,also the fact that everything going into the plane will have a Bellanca part number should make it easier. This project wont begin before the dead of winter. P.S. I spent 2 hours in an early Mooney yesterday and didnt find it any roomier than our Cruisairs . The return trip was in the back seat and it was a torture chamber compared to our Cruisairs. Again, Thanks for the help. Grant.

Back