Weight and Balance for a 7ECA

RManning

My weight and balance form for my aircraft is very old and I can't make out some of the weights.
Can any one help me out on the basic weight and arms for this aircraft. 7ECA
Or do you think I need to reweigh the aircraft. My owner's manual says the basic weight is 1200 lbs and a moment of +15000 but don't give me a arm.
If any one could help me I would be very grateful.

Thanks
Richard :D

Hi Richard, you could order the aircraft records CD from the FAA it will have the original WT & Bal plus all the history of the aircraft very useful information, cost is only $10.00 available online at the FAA site. Here's a link.
http://162.58.35.241/e.gov/ND/airrecordsND.asp

Hi Richard,

Well, for starts, if you divide the moment by the weight you will get the arm: 15000/1200 =12.5.

I could give you the weights for my airplane, but they would not be valid for yours. I did have a new W/B done on mine about a year after I bought it. It had gained 47 pounds :(

If you look through your paper work/logbooks, you should be able to find the W&B info somewhere.

bill

Thanks for the help.
I have went on the FAA site and ordered the CD for my aircraft. I think I will have it reweighed also at the annual and make a new weight and balance form.
This way I know I am within the limits.

Thanks again to both of you who answered.

Richard :D

I received the CD today from the FAA and I am having a problem opening the disk.
It is asking me how I want to open. MS Dos or Windows or other.
I pick Windows and it come up with this coded writing.
Does any one know what I need to do. I am going to try another computer and see what happens.

Thanks
Richard :cry: :cry:

Hi Richard, I have Windows XP and it just opened like any CD would, hope you get it to work.
Just inserted my CD and it opened right up do you have Adobe reader installed on your computer? My CD has four (4) file on it first being Adobe (that would be to install a reader if you don't have one), next is Airworthiness (that the records of the aircraft would have the Wt & balance 337 etc.), next is a Readme file, and last is a Registration file (tells about owners shows the bill of sales etc that are on file for the plane.

Thanks,
I download adobe 9.0 and the CD opens.
It don't have what I was looking for but I now know who all the owners were before me and where my aircraft came from.
I guess after all my repairs are completed I will just go ahead and reweight the aircraft and start over.

Thanks to everyone who has helped me on this matter.

Richard :D :D

Hi Richard, there was no information on WT & Bal or any 337's for your AC in the Airworthiness part of the CD?

Weight and balance data is recorded in the aircraft permanent logs. these are not usually ever submitted to the FAA, thus they would not show up on their compilation CD. Its always best to re-weigh the aircraft with certified scales then you KNOW what you have.

I just paid $300 to have my weight and balance done. At least Now I know exactly what it weighs and how to load it. Many of the original W & B's are way off. Probably would be worth you cash.

Terry

Back