Wheel Pants for 7GCBC S/N 1152-79

Tom Fraser

I am interested in a set of wheel pants for this aircraft however presently have 700-6 Tires installed.
Will a standard set of pants fit over these tires. Anyone - Jerri ?
Thanks Tom

Nope, the wheelpants need 6.00x6 tires. I have a set for sale as I'm running 7.00x6 and will be going to 8.50x6 when I wear these out. If you want a set still, let me know.

I have seen people running 700's with the older wheel pant.
Its sort of a contradiction of concepts. Bigger tires for rougher fields; rougher fields are not wheel pant friendly. Similar to "I want my SUV to handle like a Corvette" :)

Thanks Jerry
It is my intention to fly my 7GCBC from Northern Ontario, Canada to Florida this fall and I have the 700's on my aircraft. New Tires, New Tubes. I did not want the expense of downsizing to the 600's just for this trip. It would be primarily paved strips and/or good grass strips. It was the size of the tires that concerned me. Would the pants fit without any rubbing or size concerns? Thanks for your attention to this matter.
Tom Fraser

I am not positive. I have just seen it before. If you have 700's on now, just bolt on the pants and see how bad it is?

As Jerry pointed out-I do have the older (I assume) pants on 700x6 with no problem. It was this configuration when I purchased the aircraft-but is is a 7GCAA serial number 11.

Back