window thickness

guzziduck

Trying to get the left side window to slide down on the Cruisair. The material that is in there now is .25 in and the wood tracks are only .172. Was the original window only 1/8 in thick or was it specialy made? Thanks, Rich

Rich, my 47's window is 1/8 inch thick but the weather stripping on it make it more than double that thickness. Also, mine has aluminum guides but I'm struggling to get it to slide up and down too.

Thanks Gary. Made a window out of 1/8 lexan last night, made it about 6 in. longer than what was in it so it would extend past an area on the guides that was damaged by the thick plexiglass that was previously in it. Works pretty good ,but of course won't open fully now, but much better than the way it was. Is there supposed to be any sort latch to hold the window in the closed position or is friction supposed to do the job? Rich

Rich, the short answer is I don't know about the latch. I flew a 14-13 a couple of years ago that had a very smooth operating window and it was held closed with velcro. :shock:
Gary

Back