Wing Extension

shouldhunt

Good morning, I working towards creating a Super 7gcbc, which is set up for off field bush flying and thinking about having my wings and ailerons extended. Does anyone have any experience with before/after changes in performance. I think it should improve the STOL and handling capibilities, but removes the airbatic capabilities from the plane(does not matter to me). I'm also, currently working with a guy to get extented cub style gear(FAA deciding attachment point). I would think performance will be close to a cub with more room.

Terry

Scout wings????? When you get a approval let me know... I know a IA in Willow, AK that has oleo style gear for Citabria/Champ. I will check with him again. B

Yea, I talked to carl, in willow he is the one working on the Landing gear for the 7GCBC to replace the spring gear. I was told by a IA in Birchwood that since the wings and ailerons would be extended out side of the wing strut its just a simple field approval and alot cheaper than putting on scout wings.

Terry

shouldhunt,
Like your name.:) Sorta like mine. LOL
Little off topic but I remember reading about someone trying to use a Champ fuselage and attaching cub type wings to it. Sounded to me like a great bush type plane to have. Can't remember where it was post right now though.
Keith aka WWhunter

Back