Wing Root access panel

kgassert

The gap from the wing root to the fuselage on my 14-13 is covered with fabric but evidently this is supposed to have a removable access cover over it so you can inspect the spar ends and get to the fuel tank lines. Is this correct? If so does anyone have a set of these covers?

Kevin

Kevin, Check on the Flymarket. Russ has a 1413-2 with damaged wings and he is parting out the whole bird. The access panels may be OK.

Hi Gary,

I did call Russ a day or so after I posted this. He does not have any factory panels. The ones he had were ones he made and he did not think they were worth shipping. So I am still looking for panels or a pattern to make them.

Thanks,
Kevin

Kevin, I haven't started working on my wings yet, but they are in good shape. I do need to pull the fuel tanks out and heve them tested and I will need to put new wiring in the wings. I'll check the access panels
and see if I can get dimensions, etc. for you. Actually, my wings are stored in the hanger of the wing man for Bellanca and he knows a lot about them. He may even have a pattern IF they are the same as the early 14-19s.
Gary

Kevin, We looked at my wings and the only access panels that I saw were the one that you remove to get the fuel tank out and a small one in front of the wheel well. Is either of these the panel you were asking about? Also, I am planning to move the wings to one of my garages this coming week-end so I may have better information when I can actually move them around.
Gary

Not the wood panel on the top of the wing for the tank but the one on the bottom that you would use to get to the tank fuel lines.

Kevin

If you're not in a rush, next week=end I can draw them on cardboard or thick paper. They're off right now because I am painting my wings. I have to paint the fairings as well.
I have a long narrow one for the top and wider ones for the bottom. A fiberglass fairing is wraping around from top to bottom in the front. They are pretty easy to fabricate being straight flat panels. Y
ou can e-mail me your're phone and adress at mariejoalain@videotron.ca and I'll e-mail pics and mail the patterns.

Alain

Back