wt. & balance

mattkoblenzer

I just attempted to weight 7691B, but was unable to find Station 3 pin, station 2 pin was plainly viewable on the right side of the cockpit rail.
As a result was unable to determine or level the a/c to read the main and tail wheel weights, total empty weight 1752.
Any other accurate way to level the a/c?
Thanks Matt

Not all have all pins. When they set up the plane at the factory it might have been right without all the pins. My 47 the pin on the rear spare is about1/16 high. look close and make sure no one ground it off not knowing what it was for. That has been done before. If that has happened good luck. If they are all there 2 are on the front spare and 1 is on the rear spar :D :D

I just looked at 5 Cruisair fuselages and all of them had the W&B points on the front and rear spar carrythru over on the right hand side, about 2 inches in from the end. The third point for the left and right leveling is on the rear spar carrythru, about a foot in from the left side. ________Have fun______Grant.

Mattster, the pins on the crate are Station 2 -5/8" amd station 3- 1/4" As I recall when I did the crate the tail was quite high. I used a 4 ft level and my tailwheel was very close to yours. Lynn the crate :shock:

thanks everyone,
Lynn, I think station 2 is 10" aft of the datam on the forward spar, I will measure that pin to be sure, but looks close to 1/4".
I not sure where station 3 is, thus where to measure from or find the remnants of the pin..
thanks again. I plan on trying to solve the mystery Tues night.
Matt

Mattster, the 5/8 pin is on the front crossbar where the forward edge of the seat sits. The rear crossbar is the forward edge of where the front of the rear seat sits (station 3). Sure would be nice if I could send you a picture! Both of these pins are about 3 inches in from the interior upholstery on the right side. To do the leveling the copilot seat cushion is removed the seat back slanted forward, the rear seat cushion is raised to get the level on the pins. Lynn :)

Back