yesterday

California now is a little like the old joke about the Texas farmer who couldn't get to town to get his drought check 'cause the blankin' bridges were all washed away.
Hard to focus on drought when things are floating around in your hanger, I bet.
Sorry you lost some ref material, Larry. Maybe your local gov busybodies could think about a storm drain or two now.
BTW, Corona Airport here in Socal is actually part of a reservoir. We taxied the aircraft down streets(fun) and into neighborhood high ground as the airport began flooding. It eventually flooded to four or five feet or more.(1969)
r

If I expected
sympathy, I find a B girl in a country and western bar.
Thanks for the Hollywood stereotype, but if you are only paying $67/mo for a hanger, it's WE, the envious many, who need the sympathy. :) Just take the 300 or 400 difference and buy more $h-t.
r

Larry,
If the water was up to the axles, you'll need to pull the wheels/brakes. Clean, dry and repack the bearings
ASAP.
You're better off than the fellow who moved his 14-19-3 down from Alaska to winter in Chehalis, WA a few years ago. They had a flood and the water in his hangar was nine feet deep. The airplane floated up to the rafters.
Dan

Back