14-13 Door

To be honest, I was going to just install a check-strap. I want my door to open almost 180 degrees because that gets the top of the door out of the way to allow my wife and myself easier ingress/ egress. With the door open only, say 90 degrees, the door top is still very much in the way and Margaret can't "limbo" under it because of a bum knee. I don't have an excuse- I'm just too damn fat.

After having looked at dozens of Cruisairs, I can say that the door originally had a top latch that turned into the slip stream when closed, and an inside knob the turned the same part on the inside. The bottom latch has been a common addition, but not original. Having an inside latch that cant be released from the outside could be a big safety factor in the event of a hard landing or crash that the inside passengers are not able to help with opening. The sharks(insurance lawyers) would have a field day with that. ____)Gary, I will PM you. ____Grant.

my 14-13-2 ( not 14-13) has:

Usual overhead latch
Side latch

and the notched slotted kick plate with a heavy rod that attaches to the bottom of the door.

This - when properly adjusted - will hold the door open even against prop blast of taxi ( but NOT recommended)
a gust from behind when door is open.. may cause the rod to pop out of the notch in the track.

I will post picture later.

I agree.. adding a bottom latch that doesn't have a knob on the both sides.. is suicide.

Lucky my door fits well !

Back