14-9 stick location and install need pix

Gawd I miss that, Joe. Hated the heat, hated the ceaseless wind, but I loved Texas. After Texas everyplace else feels like life in a straight-jacket. Last week I was simply making a left turn. Had a left turn arrow, was obeying the speed limit, all that. A cop pulled me over. "Why the tire screeching?" he asked. My little Jetta has a turbo and the tires chirp sometimes when I hit the gas. He had pulled me over because my tires chirped. After I manged to stop laughing he patiently - and endlessly - explained to me how this could distract someone....cause an accident...who knows what. Would it have been worth the ticket to say, "Oh shut the hell up you *&#%ing pussy!"? Yes...yes, I think it would have been worth every cent, but heaven knows: such a remark could be a felony in this state. Heck, there was a bill in the Virginia legislature to make driving 80 a felony.

Back to the subject of flying, that Reklaw video (see Reklaw topic) imparts just a wee taste of what makes Texas aviation different. Planes doing high speed passes (they'll pull your ticket if a Fed sees you doing a high speed pass here) while other airplanes are taxiing on the same runway....folks in lounge chairs very close to the runway (or on it), lots of nifty details.

Lot of airplanes with sticks <---- sad attempt at a topic save.

Jonathan

here is why
14-9L 90 hp Ken-Royce fixed pitch wood prop
weight 943 empty Gross 1650
max speed 133 mph
75% cruise 120 mph @ 5 gal/hr.
thats enough engine for my book and there were several reengined with the 0-290 but who cares wheater I want a big gas guzzling engine or not all I wanted was a picture of the stick instalation in a 14-9 I guess I go looking somewhere else.

That's a pity, really. No doubt your warm demeanor, your superb spelling and grammar, your reverence for the aircraft we all love so very much, and the friendly way you include your name at the end of your posts will be deeply missed.

Jonathan

A couple of years ago I was almost fortunate enough to purchase a gorgeuos 14-12 from a fella in WA state, he had my deposit in hand, I was planing the ferry flight, then he came to his senses. To bad for me. E-mail me (I cannot post the photo thru the forum) and I'll send a photo of his panel/stick configuration. Makes you wonder why Bellanca ever went to control wheels and gave up that clean - uncluttered panel.

The end of the story..I now own a Mooney M20A - at least it has wood wing, and the 180hp Lycoming and Hartzel prop is trouble free. But I still keep my eye out for those prewar Cruisairs. Joe Philips

Back