Aeromatic Spinners

Dan:

Thank you for your time on the phone earlier today. Regarding Aeromatic spinners and backing plates for the Cruisair: Count me in for (2) if you can get the unit price close to $1000 / each.

Dan, please talk to your local guy who spun the parts and ask how many firm orders with deposits he would have to have to tool up and at what order size the price drops occur.

Enough talk about paperwork and who has what. Who else on this board is willing to commit to an order?

Brad Donner
NC86916

Ok, I'll get in contact with the metal spinner to see about production and price.
I'll need the full scale print. Maybe Robert has one.
If this were to happen, the spinners would come without the blade cutouts, reinforcement doubler, the riveted/welded front support and the prop flange holes. Jack doesn't do that work, but the skilled aircraft
technicians that we are.....should be able to accomplish the finish work.
I'll let you know what I find out.
Dan

Ok....I delivered my sample Bellanca/Aeromatic spinner assembly and drawings to the metal spinner.
He told me that he'd work up an estimate of the cost based on production of 6, 8 or 10 units. They would be made according to the blueprint. As most know, there are spotwelded reinforcements around the circumference of the base of the dome and at the blade cutouts. There is the centering tube assembly on the nose. THESE WILL NOT BE PROVIDED. The owner/operator will provide and install these. If you can't spotweld, flush riveting will suffice.
Prior to any work, the metal spinner requires 50% down....balance on delivery. This is the same requirement
he requested from me on the last job. So, if the estimate meets your financial limitations, we will find out who is truly "IN" on this project. You know the saying...."$$$ talks, BS walks."
Dan

If it's somewhere near the $2k mark, I'm IN and will send my deposit as soon as we get word from your metal spinner. Regarding the spot welded reinforcement around the base circumference and blade cutouts AND the centering tube assembly - would you consider installing these for me in exchange for a new centering dowel? I can't spot weld and the guy I have access to who claims to be able to spot weld is a putz. Please advise at your convenience.

Brad Donner
NC86916

Brad,
I'll keep you in the loop on this.
I didn't advise the metal spinning guy of a price we were shooting for. I'd like to think if we can get 6-10
orders, a price close to $ 1k is obtainable.
Dan

It is time to find out who is really serious about having a new Bellanca/Aeromatic spinner. This means putting down $700.00 for each spinner/backplate assembly. For this price, you will get an unfinished spinner
shell and backplate, made in accordance with the Bellanca blueprint supplied by the club. This will not include the blade cutouts, cutout reinforcements, spinner base reinforcements, the Franklin flange mounting holes or the nose centering assembly.
It is possible that I may be convinced to supply the reinforcements and centering assembly that you or your mechanic will attach to the project, per the Bellanca drawing.
We have about two weeks to give the go ahead on this project. I would estimate that parts could be delivered by late spring.
If you are serious, SEND MONEY.
Dan Cullman
17661 SE.301st ST.
Kent, WA. 98042
253-631-5280
If you want to call for more info, remember I'm on Pacific time and the best time to reach me is 7-9am
and 5-9pm

Back