Antique Instrument Overhaul

Got quoted 425 to 475 $ by Keystone, lot better. Full overhaul but not the face dials. It's clean anyway.
This way I will have my original instrument back in. with minimal paperwork, no 337 or other b.s.
A.

Keysotne Instr. called me today. My gauge is ready, it will be shipped tome friday . 475.00 all 3 instr. fixed.
Cheapest not so cheap fix I could get. But I'm happy. no mod, no STC or 337 equivalent b.s.
Just a tag in the book and instr. back in the panel.

Thanks to Keystome Instr. and to Dan who referred me to them. This forum is really great.
See Jonathan, even if it is quiet here, does not mean nothing is happening :mrgreen:
And don't forget, it's the quiet winter season. We had a record breaking precipitation 61 year old here in Montreal.
262 cm of snow so far this year. another 5 to 10 coming tonight. Fu%?&*($#@ng Grounhog Phil, I will bar b-q it.. saw it shadow this year. :twisted:
Last record close to that was 1947 with 245cm. I'm gonna cry if I see more!!! :cry: :cry:
Was in Vancouver on the west coast last Thursday, grass is green and walked outside in a shirt. I'm at the wrong end of the continent.

Alain

And thanks to the others who refered me to Kansas Instuments and Century. Could have worked. Good bunch of guys here!!!

I live in Squaw Valley near Tahoe in California. I keep the plane at Truckee which is located in a "Banana Belt" that rarely gets over 200 inches a season. One neighborhood about ten miles from me averages 540 inches a season. Despite the snow it usually isn't that cold here. Fortunately(?!?) my wife's health has forced her into an apartment in San Francisco where it never even freezes and I spend half my time there. Someday I'll move my plane to SF. Need to start getting my name on some hangar lists.

I don't blame you to wanting to run away from the snow. I used to like it but as I grow older, I am starting to hate this white sh...t.
My little 4 year old girl is forcing me to like it, She ''brings'' me sliding down the hills on a dish, just like I was doing 40 years ago when I was 5...
But she is just passing by in our life like all child in their parents lifes so I swallow it and enjoy it with her until it goes away in the spring then get back in the Cruisair.
Maybe when I retire, I will find a place down south to go and hibernate like the bears for the winter, in warmer weather.

Alain.

Back