Cruisair - Lycoming Engine Mount Drawing

flyar, I dont blame the individual field agents for them not being allowed to make decisions. The problem is higher up, but enough on that subject. My knowledge of Experimental Exhibition is limited. I was under the impression that technically you were only allowed flights to and from some form of exhibiting, or for currency training. Does that mean that to go visit Auntie Mable in Idaho , you have to figure out some creative writing to put in your log book? Does the Sunday morning $100 breakfast have to become a display? About your Cruisair? I look forward to seeing how you gained 30 mph. That is a big jump, and would be wonderful to be able to do some of those type of improvements to other Cruisairs, without breaking the bank. Did you do Petton Wheel Covers? At this point in my life(finances) this is all mental exercise. I consider myself lucky to have hydraulic gear, and Cleveland brakes signed off on my plane. I am looking forward to next months magazine , to see Dans article on rigging. _______Grant.

Grant, I will send you a copy of the Operating Limitations from 8130.2. Yes, sometimes it is necessary to know the right answer; operating limitation no. 21 "persons may be carried during flights to and from any event or during proficiency/currency flying" I therefore never carry people for pleasure or recreational purposes. When the leaves turn in the fall and I fly over the Ozarks with people on board I can assure you that I am maintaining currency and not sight seeing (dont know what they are doing, probably just looking around). I also practice cross country navigation from time to time. My techno-nerd friend is trying to hook me up with some "spy glasses" that record what I see. I hope to give you a good tour of the aircraft. NOTHING ON MY EXPERIMENTAL IS APPLICABLE TO ANY OTHER AIRCRAFT. You need to think of my aircraft as an experiment by a highly opinionated person with questionable mental capacity. Going faster? Simple subtraction-get rid of drag and weight. My aircraft doodling is merely application of data published 60+ years ago. I do truly wish I could also change some things on the 14-19 (standard airworthiness) but that is just not possible. "A man has got to know his limitations." flyar11 (aka DB Cooper)

Flyer, I sent you an email asking for whatever information you can give me on the airspeed improvements on your Cruisair. Not sure if you got it. Anyway I would appreciate anything you could give. Thanks!
Larry L

Flyer, I received the info a week or so ago. Many thanks, and a lot of good ideas. Did you do the mods all at once, or one at a time? I would be curious about the speed gain from each individual modification. Anyway, Thanks again. ______Grant.

please forward all drag improvement mods so I can replace my franklin 150 with the 2 cyl version.
:twisted:

Just let the intake bolts fall out of 4 cylinders, then you have a 2 cylinder Franklin. OOPS, you already tried that!!!!_____Grant.

I apologize for the long delay in sendi g dan the darn drawing,,

the file is so huge my email wont allow me to send it..
so will have to do it anotherway
:roll:

Back