Flap Speed

Oh....so perhaps this could be a retrofit and Randy was correct when he reported what his '74 Viking had.

Still wish he was still reading/posting in this forum though.

Interesting that we too can retrofit these...not that I'm interested in messing with a single thing on my 'Master at the moment.

Thanks for the info, Tuwing (I would use your actual name but I cannot find it on the forum). Tuwing or not Tuwing, that is the question :)

Jonathan

Jonathan, The name is Ron. I am in Colorado. 57 Cruisemaster. 7685B. Hope to run into you sometime or catch your e-mail. I am not much for the forum thing but I always see your posts when I get on.

Jonathan: Still here. I am in the Airconditioning buesness in Texas and do not have much time to look at the computor this time of year. I did not remember my 68 Viking having a middle hinge but my 74 does have one. For those that are wondering why the flap speed is so low all you have to do is take one apart and see how flimsy the attach points are in the wing. When I rebuilt my 14-13-2. I added a few more mounting points to my spar for the hinges. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Whew! Glad we didn't lose you there, Randy but if you're in the AIR CONDITIONING business in TEXAS in the SUMMER, yeah...it makes sense.

You thinking of making Reklaw this year?...it's pretty late in September but it often gets weathered-out.

Oh...and and thanks for the third hinge info regarding model years <--- attempt at topic save.

Jonathan

Hey, Ron, (tuwing)

I'm going to be out in the Boulder, Colorado, area for the last week in August and the first week in Sept.

Any chance you are anywhere close? If so, I would really like to see your -2 while I am out there, if you don't mind.

Give me a call at 251-463-2165 or e-mail at york40@bellsouth.net

Dave

Dave, I will call you. The airplane is on the Colorado Springs airport. I currently have a PZL-130 "Orlik" apart, that I am redoing for a fellow ,and I also have a Hawker Sea Fury --another customer-- which I hope to have parts for after the first of the month, so I will be there. It would be better the first week in sept. since I am covered up next week. The Cruisemaster is not a show piece and I intend on redoing it next year--if I am still in the states--but I would be glad to show it to you and "talk Bellanca" if you have the time. Will call you first of the week, Regards, Ron

Thanks, Ron.

I'll be traveling on Monday, Aug 25, so will be a little hard to get between 11 am and 5 pm Mountain time.

I do contract work during the week, but I'll be free on the weekends. I'm in an LSA club in Erie, CO, working on renewing my CFI. I can probably extend one of my current airplane reservations to cover a short XC to Colorado Springs on a weekend. (The club has a new Gobosh, a year old Evektor Sport Star and a new Remos G-3).

Dave

(Sorry about the off-topic stuff, guys, but I can't pass up a chance to see another Cruisemaster).

Dave:

I believe that arranging to see a Triple Tail not only falls under the purview of the Bellanca-Champion online forum, but it also particularly applies to the Cruisair/Cruisemaster portion of that forum.

After all, you're especially interested in seeing the flaps, right? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jonathan

Back