Shoulder harness seat belts

Only time I have ever had a rear passenger was the day the seller his girl friend and I flew the airplane to my home field ( before I was check out in it).

No problem noticed at that time. I think the frame member is well ahead ( no pun intended)
of the rear passenger.

Floor mount.. are you serious ? :mrgreen:

Dual shoulder straps is the preferred way. Given that tail draggers often go on their nose,
there is good reason for this.

I find that I have to loosen my right shoulder strap ( perhaps excessively) in order to reach the flap lever. I don't think it is good practice, to not wear the shoulder straps at all times when in flight. One encounter with clear air turbulence or wind shear will convince you.

Do I remember to tighten up the loose side.. sorry to say I don't.

But, if you have an emergency check list ) securing all seat belts should be on it.
( I have one laminated and tucked between the panel and the windscreen )

2 cents please.

Ralph, give me an email address and I can send photos of the belts. The plastic automotive trim pieces, I saw by looking through a wrecking yard. They seem pretty common. If you go to the BAS web site, they show dual over the shoulder belts that look like mine. The floor mount is somewhat common, but I dont think I would like that method. Hope to hear from you. _____Grant.

Ralph, It will be easier to send me an Email, and I can respond with photos. <gjordan14132@yahoo.com> _________Grant.

Back