Stripping fabric from wings

Gary, the west system manual will tell you which hardener to use according to the temperature of your work area. When you buy the resin, you buy metering pumps that make mixing very easy, and you buy the additive(powder) to mix up the fairing compound. There is a different powder to use if you are making glue. Always prime with clear mixed resin before you apply the fairing compound. The manual is very clear, and overall it is an easy product to use.____Grant.

Grant, can you tell me approximately how much West System product that it takes to finish a set of wings? The manual is on its way to me. My wings are in good shape with the exception of minor "blemishes" between the wood and the filler that was used when it was manufactured plus some minor dimples, etc. I have sanded off the glue left behind after removing the skin but it needs a finish to make it as close to perfection as I can get it.
Thanks,
Gary

Gary, I cant really give you an amount, I have done various areas on wings(and on sailboats) but never a whole wing. It doesnt take very much filler to smooth up small blems. If you start with a quart, you may get it all done. If you need more you will already have the pumps and powder, so it wont cost much more. I mix fairly small batch,s and put it on thin ,since 90% gets sanded off anyway. The manual is a big help. Sorry I cant give you a better answer.____Grant.

Back