What's Going on With You Guys?

Ah....mockery...I love mockery, Gary.

Some guy sent me an email featuring a web app based slideshow of OSH, full of really nice and extremely well done photos. This puzzled me and I had to ask, "Uh...where's the funny part?"

And the damned app is called Smilebox. I damned near puked :lol: :lol:

Jonathan

No Guys,
There is a movie out in Australia at the moment about 4 guys who go to Las Vegas for a Bucks night, and it gets a little out of hand. It's called 'Hangover', my two sons made me take them to see it, and I must admit it was pretty funny. I'm sure it's been at the movies over there.
My good lady is worried I will have too much fun in the U.S, so I tell her it is strictly aeroplane serious stuff.
I am looking forward to seeing your great country again I haven't been over since 1996, so I figure a lot will have changed. You guys have flying so much better sorted than we do, unfortunately it is slowly dying witih few young people interested here. Australia is ideal for flying - flat as 'a crap carters hat' with reasonably good weather unfortunately the CASA ( our FAA) don't particularly like small aircraft and would happily see us regulated out of the sky.

Bernie- you're not alone as far as certain parties wanting the "little" planes grounded. Personally I feel there are people who, for whatever reason, fear/ envy the freedom we enjoy aviating.
There are times when I feel the elite empowered would rather keep us cleaning their houses, plowing their fields, and enforcing their laws. Heaven forbid we would have a life of our own with personal freedom to pursure happiness.

The biggest change since 1996 as far as flying is concerned is the Transportation Security Agency (TSA) otherwise known as the Transportation Slowdown Agency. There's also an irrational fear that a small plane could cause the same chaos as the Boeing 757s did on that day in September 2001. :evil:

Back